An energy audit is critical to understanding the sources of energy loss and discomfort in single-family homes, condos, or multi-family buildings. An eZing Energy Audit may include:
- Interview with client
- Blower door test to determine overall air leakage and to pinpoint the location and severity of leaks
- Infrared scan to find out levels of insulation, uncover damage to insulation
- Evaluation of mechanical equipment for age and efficiency
- Combustion safety testing for carbon monoxide levels and natural gas leaks
- Evaluation of windows and doors (glazing and framing type)
- Analysis of duct system (if applicable)
- Comprehensive report that summarizes audit results and outlines a detailed action plan that prioritizes and sequences energy improvements to be done based on their cost-effectiveness
- A list of preferred contractors (HVAC, insulation, and air sealing) to give clients a starting place for making their home more energy efficient.
An eZing Energy Audit typically takes at least 4 hours with two BPI certified energy analysts. Base prices start at $550.